Introduced in 2014, adult sailing at YSF has grown in popularity as adults of all ages and sailing skills have come to enjoy expert sailing instruction and warm camaraderie. We offer sailing classes and private lessons, as well as boat rentals for those who are ready to sail solo. Experience the beautiful panorama of sea and sky while skimming along the protected waters of the Indian River Lagoon. All income from YSF Community Sailing helps fund our youth and special needs programs offered free of charge to Indian River County residents.
- A total of 12-hr lessons, combining classroom and on-the-water instruction, will help you build skills, experience, and confidence. A low student-to-instructor ratio and novice-friendly boats make learning to sail fun and relaxing. Beginner and intermediate course available - no prior experience necessary.
- $350 per 12-hr course
- Discounts available for couples and groups
YSF Community Sailing!
1 year - $600; 6 months - $360; 3 months - $240
How it works
- Hours of operation: 10am to 6pm, Monday through Sunday
- Fleet is available for local sailing to adults who complete an orientation session and demonstrate suitable capability.
- Must be 18 or older to become a member.
When we receive your registration, we'll contact you to schedule an orientation session. Once that's complete, we'll set you up with our online booking system, accessible from phone or computer, and you'll be on your way! It's a breeeeeze!
Bauer 12' dinghy