Youth Sailing Foundation of Indian River County Volunteers
YSF offers many opportunities to volunteer. For those with sailing experience there are opportunities to teach both children and adults in our various programs, under the supervision of our Sailing Director Ben Chafee. We have many qualified instructors to guide and mentor you. Many of our volunteers have gone on to get their Level 1 instructor certification from U.S. Sailing.
If you want the satisfaction of directly or indirectly contributing to the development of a young Indian River County student, or are simply looking to socialize in a constructive way, please join us as a volunteer at YSF. We offer a collegial atmosphere where everyone pulls together as a team in support of our mission to offer sailing instruction to any child of Indian River County who wishes to participate.
Teach sailing and help on safety boats for a growing number of programs:
- Homeschool and After school sailing Monday through Friday 11am- 6pm and Saturdays 9am- 4pm
- Adult Learn to Sail and Community Memberships 7 days a week
- Special needs sailing for all ages on Mondays and Tuesdays
Help repair and maintain the fleet:
- For those of you who like to work with their hands we have a volunteer team that repairs and maintains our fleet of over 80 sailboats and 10 chase boats.
- The group meets at YSF on Tuesday and Thursday mornings year round 9am-12pm. A tremendous range of expertise and skills are on display, as they do everything from maintaining the many fleets of sailboats to overhauling and commissioning chase boats and Mariners. YSF’s rigging shop maintains all standing and running rigger in Bristol fashion so our boats are safe and ready to go at all times.
Join a Planning Committee:
- Picnics and Awards Ceremonies
- Fundraising Events and Campaigns